I have been nominated for One Lovely Blog Hop by Aspire to Fly at Aspirations of Flight. Thank you so much! And now to play our game…..
I understand I’m supposed to come up with seven lovely facts about myself, and ten other blogs I recommend. So here goes.
1. My favorite heroine of all time is from a book in which the author never gives a physical description of her. I didn’t realize it until I got to the end about the fifth time. The reader knows she is attractive enough by how the people around her react to her. However, what she looks like is a total mystery. I love that what makes her compelling is who she is, not how she looks. So that is what I try and do for my heroines. Make them incredible people, and not incredible looking people. Although I’m fairly certain that many of mine are red heads. The ironic part? The book I love so much was written in the 1950’s by a man.
2. I love coffee. Which may not be a lovely fact. But it does mean if you ever come by for a visit there will be a fresh pot on, or just about to be put on. And I share. Also, it means I may live forever. Preserved by caffeine and pure and perfect cussedness.
3. My husband encouraged me to start this blog. I thought no one would be interested in my little snippets.
4. I’m given to playing practical jokes that involved small changes in the everyday world around us. Mostly just to see how long it takes people to notice. Pictures hung upside down. Figures turned backwards. That sort of thing. Lots of people are more preceptive than I would have thought.
5. I can knit a lightsaber.
6. My favorite book as a child was Alexander and the Magical Mouse by Martha Sanders. I still have my copy. I don’t let my children touch it. Once they leave for college, I’m going to lobby my husband to move us to an old Victorian at the top of a hill. I’m pretty sure I can find a Yak, an Alligator, and a Brindle London Squatting Cat. The magical mouse is the problem. I think they have to come with the house. It’s not really something they list on realty sites.
7. I have twelve bottles of nail polish on my desk right now. I’m rocking the dark metallic blue at the moment. But it’s still early.
Blogs I nominate for the Lovely Blog Hop:
Terrible real estate agent photos – And thank you for the inspiration.
Mid-Century Menu – Never have olives in lime jello looked so good.
The GastroNom Blog
The Owen Adams Project
James Reads Books
Sarah in Zombieland
One Lazy Robot
And there we are. Everybody have a great bloggy day.